I decided to bake the cinnamon buns from September's Daring Bakers challenge again. Mine were good, but they didn't look enough like the spiral rolls that they should have been. I had some trouble with the first batch of dough...it was too sticky. This made them difficult to roll up. As you can see, batch 2 turned out much better. Tasted better as well.
The other reason I decide to bake was because baking makes me feel better. I had a crappy day yesterday. You know, one of those days where you feel like the world is against you. I feel like we are having a run of bad luck. Here is why:
1. Mr. Big Momma's car is in the shop again. It was in for 3 days last week. Now it is requiring $1000 in repairs. The thought of having to buy a new car make me want to vomit.
2. Pappy's father is still in the hospital. It seemed like he was getting better....
3. Sasha went to the Heavy Metal groomer yesterday where they found a bump on her paw.
4. I am worried that Jr. isn't giving his all in school.
But, things started to get better once I began baking. Why you ask?
1. Jr. was at our house last night. Golf season is over so we were able to sit down and have dinner together.
2. I was able to bake because my workload has decreased a bit. Only temporary, but I'll take it!
3. My favorite show is on Monday night. Top Gear, 8pm on BBC America. You should check it out. Not only do you get to see fast cars, but it is hilarious!!
4. Jenson Button, a Formaula One driver was the celebrity guest on Top Gear. That leads me to believe he is not THE STIG. Good thing, because in my mind the stig is Michael Schumacher.
5. Mr. Big Momma was cracking me up with his accents. Last night he was working on his Irish accent. He really should scrap the architecture thing for a career in voice overs.
So, I felt like things were on the up and up. Until about 9am this morning. I took Sasha to the vet so they could look at her lump. They do not think it is cancer, but they are going to remove it tomorrow. They are assuring me that her age (10) shouldn't be a problem in putting her under. She will come home tomorrow night, thankfully. They are going to put a brace on her paw to immobilize it for a few weeks. I'm sure that will go over well. Hopefully she won't need one of those head cones. My poor little poochie.