So I called IT when they opened their doors at the not so early hour of 9. I did not have a working computer until 3:30. But, at least it is working now. I am not going to even tell you about my experience. You think I'm crabby? Well then, you should call someone who works at an IT help desk. Talk about needing a vaca.... I think some of them just need a good old fashioned romp in the sack to loosen them up. A good, hard, dirty, nasty romp in the sack.
Because of my computer troubles and because said troubles forced me to work late in order to catch up, I am just now, at 7pm, getting started on my Fun Monday challenge. Here it is:
Show me your favourite photograph and tell me why it's your favourite.
Please stop by and visit the others at this week's host site, http://aojthelurchers.blogspot.com/.
This challenge one was a tough one for me. Even though I didn't have to think for more than a second about what my favorite (favourite does sound more charming, doesn't it?) picture is . It is one of me and Jr., taken many years ago. (See a few posts down if you'd like to know more about it.) However, because I choose to remain anonymous, I can't post it. Poop. So there I was, after receiving this week's challenge, racking my brain trying to come up with something. Lucky for me, my brilliant friend T came to the rescue. She suggested posting the picture that I have as the wallpaper on my laptop.
This is a pictre that Mr. Big Momma took 2 years ago at the Indianapolis Grand Prix. I have it on my wallpaper because I find it to be an inspiration. And not just because I wish I could jump that high!
The "jumper" is Michael Schumacher, the most kick ass driver that F1 has ever seen and will likely see for some time. In the Big Momma household, we don't refer to him by his name, but as "The Great One." He is my favorite driver. I actually shed tears when he announced his retirmend two years ago. This picture is inspirational to me in many ways. Because I am crabby, you will get them in list form:
1. It reminds me to work hard. Sometimes we all need a reminder that hard work pays off.
2. It reminds me to celebrate every victory, great and small.
3. It reminds me to get in my workouts. Only someone as acceptionally fit as TGO could jump this high.
4. It reminds me to be glad that I am on such good teams. My work team, the team that is my family/friends, even my tennis team, the Krazy Krushers. All of my teams are filled with tremendous people that make my life easier and more fun to live. None of the people on my teams forget that in order to succeed, you have to work together. During press conferences, after a win, TGO would frequenly thank his Ferrari team, even the janitorial staff. This is a good reminder that no matter what one's role is on a team, they are just as important as the next guy or gal.
5. It reminds me of the happy day my family had at this race. F1 has been a part of our family vacation for many years. The three of us all love F1. The hours we have spent watching races, whether live or on TV are priceless. It is my dream that Jr. will marry an F1 addict. We will spend our family vacations together, traveling the world and watching F1. I will buy his children
Ferrari shirts that they will wear until they are rags. I also dream that married Jr. will live next door to us and bring his family over for Sunday dinners. I also dream about how much I will love his wife and the many pedicures we will get together. I dream of this closeness, forever. Which leads me to #6.
6. This picture reminds me to dream big. Michael did, so why shouldn't I? Why shouldn't you?
7. It reminds me to never give up. There were plenty of seasons where Michael was put in a sub-par car. He always made the best of it. Because of his determination, he won 7 World Championships, more than any other F1 driver in history. You have to take what you are given and make the best of it.
8. It reminds me that Fernando Alonso (the dude on the left in the blue and yellow racing gear) IS and WILL ALWAYS BE a douche bag. He is my least favorite F1 driver. I love, love, love the words douche bag. Whenever I seem him I think "douche bag" and I laugh to myself. He, he, evil Big Momma. You have to get your kicks where you can.
So there you have it. My favorite picture and what it means to me. Now go have a good week!