Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Humpty Dance is your chance to do the hump...

Whatever that means? Perhaps a sexual reference? I am a bit naive when it comes to these things. There was a song a few years ago...went a little something like this..."baby when we're grinding, I get so excited....Step back you're dancing kinda close I feel a little poke coming through...On you." It was an R&Bish song. Remember it? I had no idea it was about sex. I was shocked when I realized what the poke was. Whenever I hear the Frankie Goes to Hollywood Song ("Relax, don't do it.") I am shocked that I knew and sang the words to this song as a young girl and I had ABSOLUTELY no clue what it was about. I'm sure my parents didn't get it either because they never would have let me listen to it. Although I did find a copy of the single "When I Think About You/I Touch Myself" by The Divinyls in my mom's glove box once when I borrowed her car when I was in college. I guess divorce will do that to you. My male friend B was in the car with me when I found it. His crush on my mom deepened and I'm sure that there was some "poking" going on. Not that I saw it. I was driving, remember? He so wanted my mom to be his cougar.

So, why the title? Today is hump day. Only two more days until Friday! I am looking at another weekend catching up on work, but at least I can work on the couch with my pajamas on. Enjoy the rest of the week folks!

No comments: